søndag den 16. marts 2014

Roaring surf


Terpsichore came dancing to Melpomene. "We Muser are having a wonderful time here between heaven and earth, but sometimes I wish I could to try to be a human. Not forever, just for a few hours maybe. Humans do also not live forever, but only as long as their bodies can stand the heat. I don't want either to be born or die, but would like to try it without too many frills. Do you think it can be done, dear Mel?"

Melpomene regarded her seriously and thoughtfully. "It can be done, but there is a great risk to it. I am not talking about birth or death here, but if you fall in love, while you're human, you get problems."

"I do not know what you're talking about, Sweet Mel, but  if only I could get the chance to try a few of the fun things that people have the opportunity to do, I am happy. Here I bathe in colorful rainbows and northern lights, but I've seen how much fun they have when bathing in the sea. I would so like to dance in and out of the surf, and slosh  calmly around a little further out, the water seems to me to be quite adventurous. Am I  too far out?"

"You can quickly  get sorrows on your sleeves," said Melpomene with serious mine. She was an experienced lady and understood more than the happy dancing Terpsichore, as mostly was as a playing child. "But do not eat and drink. Only mineral water from natural sources, if you get thirsty while you're there. Otherwise, you can’t return."

Terpsichore was allowed to try, and found herself suddenly on a broad sandy beach with sand dunes on one side and the roaring sea to the other. She saw a rider approaching, and on the back of the horse, was a very handsome young man with long, blond hair, and when he was near Terpsichore , he stopped the horse. Because he could not resist such a beautiful creature who walked so carefree on the beach, and she did not have as much as a piece of clothing on her shapely body.

"Hey man," said Terpsichore boldly. "Want to go swimming?" "No thanks," he replied. "I have hydrophobia and can’t even swim. But take a dip, and I will take care of your clothes and stuff for so long."

He was so confused that he not realized that she had neither clothes or things to take care of, and for the fifth time in his young life, it dawned on him that he had fallen in love at first sight.

Terpsichore thought he replied, a little weird and danced  out into the waves. She could swim without having learned it, and enjoyed her dip while he waited on the beach. He would ask for her hand when she returned. He was quite sure of this for the lightning had struck so deep into him that there was something unnatural about it.

"Sigurd Jensen, debt free warehouse manager," he said when she came in again, while she laughingly threw her wet hair around with a circular head roll. " Will you be my wedded wife for time and eternity?" He knelt in the sand and stretched out his hands forward.

"No , I have fucking not time," she replied . "I have to return soon, and will just try the roller coaster in the amusementpark, before I have to go home again."

The next hours, days and years were Sigurd Jensen, debt free warehouse manager, searching after Terpsichore. He was helplessly in love, and his life was marred and ruined if he not found her again.

Melpomene had monitored the events and thought, "There were something about what I said. But with the opposite sign. Well, so he can learn it can he. When Terpsichore wakes again, we will evaluate her wet earth trip. She has done it so beautiful as only a carefree, genuine Muse can."

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar