fredag den 20. juni 2014

Yes indeed we've had cat

Four cats in total. Not all at once but over some forty years. This post is only about one of them, even though they all have been something very special in their own way.
It started with a little book. The author’s name was on the front page: “Lobsang Rampa,” and the title was: “Living with the Lama.”
I will start by quoting a bit from the back of the cover. It was this introductory overview which aroused my curiosity: “Living with the Lama” is Lobsang Rampas accountable for his mysterious conversations with the cat mrs. Fifi Greybeard. It began as follows:
“You must be crazy Feef,” said the lama. “Who would believe that you have written a book?” He smiled at me and rubbed me under the chin, the way I like best before he went out of the room to fix something.
I sat and thought about it. – Why wouldn’t I could write a book? Admittedly, I am a cat, but no ordinary cat, I’m not. Oh no! I am a Siamese cat who is widely traveled and have seen a lot. Admittedly, I am blind now, and must lean on the Lama and Lady Ku’ei to find my way around. But I have my memories.
After reading the book, stood a Siamese cat on top of the list. Shortly after moving a kitten into our home and it was a completely new experience for Siamese cats are different than other cats. Its favorite spot was on my shoulder, where it lay like a hot headrest. Sat you at a table she hopped up and would rub her nose to my cheek. We named her after the cat in the book, and she accepted the name Feef.
After a while I began to do freelance work from home. It soon became clear that I had to sit in a room for myself because Feef would lie on the table on top of all the sketches and it did not work out. Deadlines were supposed to be respected, etc.
After this revolution in our habits, she withdrew into herself, lay quietly on her blanket, looked wistfully at one and became more and more distant. Eventually she was too quiet, and was quickly brought to the vet. He said that she had just died, so we mourned and helpless leave her there. It took a very long time to recover as much of it that everyday could be somewhat normal again.
I said to my wife: “Feef was so sorry not to be able to lie on my shoulder always, she lay down to die.”
“I think now more closely, it was the cat disease that flourishes these days that hit her,” she replied.
And it was probably a realistic conclusion.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar